Former TV investigative reporter who avoided the genes/lifestyle that destroyed her family: breast cancer: aunt, mom, sister. Everyone else had/has heart disease and diabetes. A Road Runners Club of America certified coach, she places in local 5K races, teaches healthy cooking classes and is writing, "Save Your Money, Save Your Life." Who can use this? ;)

Monday, May 25, 2009

Eat Well on $4 a Day #1 "I'm Mad as Hell!"

I'm mad as hell & not taking it any more, as the movie classic Network embedded in our brains.
If I see one more Twinkie in one more grocery cart on one more network broadcast, I will tear out my thick vegan hair. So...I'm trying to sell my book, Eat Well on $4 a Day. My agent is wonderful and shopping it hard. Everyone says you have to have a "platform." I think I do. I have many friends in high and low places, and of course, many friends on Facebook and other cyber hangouts. I'm thinkin' I have a huge platform. Every time I mention the book title, the reaction always is, "let me know when it comes out. I NEED that book!" C'mon publishers...I know the economy is tight, the industry like many others, are changing hugely. But this is information so many people need right now. C'mon America, wake up! Smell the garlic!

Part of my experience of 18 years in broadcasting, and media consulting some of the names in news you would know, says don't give away the store. Don't write here what will be in the book. So I won't. But just enough to be interesting.

My agent and editor tell me after years of experience, they have never seen a book so well researched. They say they almost never have clients who write too much. Guess that means I should have enough for an occasional blog that might be of interest to you. I promise I'll write more. But for now, just consider this a teaser of what's to come. Let's see how many we can get to the party. Thanks for being here.

No comments: